Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wallace Falls

This weekend I went on a day-hike in Wallace Falls State Park. It was only three miles to the Upper Falls, and the rise is only about 1,300 feet, but it left me a quivering sloth for the rest of the day. The hike is well worth the pain, since it is beautiful throughout. I recommend going early Sunday morning, getting there as soon as the park opens, at 8. Even that early, on a day that was supposed to storm, I met a few other people on the way up. By the time I got back down to the lower trail, I was meeting people every couple of minutes. It would still be a beautiful hike, but it was far better for being so deserted.

I should finish with mysteries, but those recommendations are turning out so well, I will have to read one or two more. I am just finishing The Franchise Affair, by Josephine Tey. It is pure pleasure.

No comments: