Monday, September 8, 2008

The disadvantage

The problem with blogging about something with a good reputation, like reading, is that going quiet is an admission of backsliding into vice. I should have chosen to blog about well I was doing at killing endangered animals. Everyone would have liked me more when I blogged less.

Anyway, I have been reading even in this fit of the lazies, but this post is just to call attention to a beautiful column by George Will. Eirenic is just the word for it, I think. My own life is significantly worse than four years ago but significantly better than two years ago, which I think means I need to support Pelosi for president. Or does my life only prosper when there is a Pelosi retrograde in a quarter with a descending Bush? The astrology of personal politics is a tricky thing.

1 comment:

Don Gately said...

"I should have chosen to blog about my progress in killing endangered animals. Everyone would like me more when I blogged less."

Not me! Endangered animals is the tastiest!